This fall, White House Fellows alumni will celebrate and explore John Gardner's leadership legacy and that of his White House Fellows program. For 47 years, leaders from this extraordinary program have been agents, eye-witnesses and midwives to dramatic accomplishment. They come together each year to regroup, refresh, and recommit ourselves – individually and collectively – to the important tasks of daily leadership in our communities.
In the past, John Gardner Public Service Fellows are also invited to attend this conference. For more information, visit http://www.whf2012.org/ or contact the Stanford or UC Berkeley Program Administrator.
- Gen. David Petraeus, Director of the CIA
- David Rubenstein, Founder of The Carlyle Group and Chair of the Board of the Kennedy Center
- David Brooks, New York TimesColumnist
- Eric Holder, Attorney General of the U.S.
- Julius Genachowski, Chair of the FCC
- Alfred Spector, Google’s VP of Research, and co-head of Google.org
- Wendy Kopp, CEO and Founder of Teach for America
- John Donvan, ABC Nightline correspondent and author of forthcoming, much-anticipated book on autism
- John Maeda, President of Rhode Island School of Design and author of "Redesigning Leadership;"
- Dr. Stanley Prusiner, 1997 Nobel Laureate, Medicine
- Brigadier General Loree K. Sutton, former top Army psychiatrist
- Kahlil Byrd, CEO of America Elect
- Jane Harman, former Congresswoman and head of Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Anne-Marie Slaughter, former Director of Policy Planning at the U.S. State Department
- Swanee Hunt, former U.S. Ambassador to Austria, together with Robert Honeysucker, baritone
- Wayne Clough, Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution
- Sharing Panel on "Creatively Seeking Justice," featuring former Fellows Lena Sene, Mark Vlasic, Lou O'Neill, and Teresa Leger de Fernandez